rss
twitter
    Find out what I'm doing, Follow Me :)

Pages

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

How to Get Friends on Facebook and Get as Many as 5-6 Leads Per Day

Building a good reputation can take time. What can you do to speed up your popularity on Facebook?

If you have not already done so, set up a Facebook account. Once you have your Facebook account set up, make sure your profile page is complete. Fill out your favorite books, movies, interests, and info on your family. These are all things that will help you make a connection with other people.

Contact info is very important. If people can only contact you through Facebook, they might go somewhere else to do their business. Recently, I was looking for some info on a specific company to purchase their product. I found a distributor who lives in my city. I sent a friend request with a note. It took her over a week to get back to me. During that week, I had already found another distributor and purchased my product. Since she had no phone listed, she lost out on a new customer.

If you have a business, make sure that your Facebook page is open for all to see. There is nothing more frustrating then trying to find someone and not sure if this is the person who sells what I am looking for because they have blocked their page to views unless you are their friend.

Now, how to get friends with Facebook this is the tricky part. Facebook will slap your hand if you request too many friends. Thiss is to keep us from spamming, more on that subject later. So the first step in getting friends is similar to what the Bible says about making friends “A man that has friends must show himself friendly.” So you are going to need to show yourself friendly on Facebook and request some friends.

If you are in network marketing, look for other network marketers to be your friends. Search for company names, find fan pages of MLM groups. Send the people on those pages a friend request.

When requesting a new friend, you need to send a personalized note. Before you click “Send Request” note there is a box that says “add message”. Click on that first and send your message. I usually look at someone’s info page before sending this out. I find something to comment about them. So for instance I might write, “Hi Cindy, we are both fans of the “group”. I noticed you sell Mary Kay. How is this business working out for you? I love to meet her people here on FB and am looking forward to connecting with you.” That’s it.

The most tricky question of all and seems to be different for everyone is how many requests you should request per day. I can send out 2-3 a day before getting my hand slapped by Facebook. However, I know some who say they add 20 per day. Others say they can add about 10. Keep in mind if you add too many too fast you will either have your account shut down or you will have certain privileges suspended.

One you are a friend provide good helpful content for your readers. This is where the spam speech comes in. I used to send info once to twice a day about my business opportunity or product. In the beginning a couple people commented. I even recruited some that way. However, for the masses, most people do not like to be bombarded with info on joining other people’s opportunity. This not only includes your status updates, but your private messages as well. Do not spam people with your company details. If you spam people, they will eventually stop reading your posts and either skip over them or unfriend you. I know because I do that every day to people who spam me. I do not want to hear about other people’s companies. This is the wrong way to approach people.

So today, get out and make a couple new friends on Facebook. Establish trust! Be their friend. Be helpful and caring (that is what friends do). You will eventually get to talk about your business, but before you do build that friendship. Your closing ratios will be much higher that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact us